Welcome to Move KPFT Forward. We encourage all members of our Local Station Board (LSB) to work together to get past the differences we have had in the past, for the benefit of KPFT and the Pacifica Foundation (of which KPFT is a part). We are are glad to work with anyone wanting to help KPFT – even ones who have been disrespectful (and worse) in the past. But we believe it’s important to support candidates in the LSB elections who have committed to actually working to help the station (as opposed to just saying nice rhetoric), who will set good examples, who will stand up to bullying and other inappropriate behavior on our LSB.
Please explore our web site to learn more about why it’s so important to elect good members to our LSB, about the very serious problems Pacifica is facing, and a vision for the future.
Learn more about the candidates we recommend:
Watch the official KPFT LSB listener candidate video forums/debates (now on YouTube), in which five of our candidates participated (others were not able to do so on the date these were recorded):
- Forum #1, with Darelle Robbins, Teresa Allen, and Bill Crosier, and one of the other candidates (not endorsed by us): youtu.be/PXz1HXTYZf8
- Forum #2, with Lynden Foley and Sandra Rawline: youtu.be/cw6fjWjCWkY
Didn’t get a ballot?
Look in your e-mail for a message from Pacifica Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org, with instructions on voting online. E-mail reminders are being sent weekly, if KPFT has your correct e-mail address. Otherwise, you should have received a paper ballot the week of Jan. 22-26. If you did not get either a paper or electronic ballot, please fill out this ballot request form today and provide all needed information – and be sure to click on the Submit button at the bottom: goo.gl/forms/BvfLLCrl4DnnB0pD3 You should immediately get an e-mail confirmation of your request, but it may take up to two weeks to get your membership verified and for you to get a ballot.
If you donated at least $25 to KPFT during the period Nov. 20, 2017 to Nov. 19, 2018, then you are a member eligible to vote in these KPFT elections, and should have received a ballot. If two people in your family jointly donated at least $50 during that year, then you should have received two ballots. So fill out the above form if you did not get your ballot (or both ballots if there are two of you).
Our National Election Supervisor has asked us to be patient on replacement ballot requests, especially if they have to look up donation records. She also asked not to submit two requests. But don’t wait until the last minute to request a ballot, as your ballot must be received by March 5 to be counted!
And thanks for supporting KPFT, our station for peace, justice, and independent voices and music!
Move KPFT Forward endorsers:
The following are some of the many people who are endorsing our candidates.
- Wally James – “The Progressive Forum”
- Lee Loe – “Mother of the Houston peace movement”
- Genie Mims and Anne Paget – “Down Home Blues”
- Lilian Care – “The Progressive Forum”
- James & Colleen Nagel, The Blues Hound and Baby Girl – “Howlin’ the Blues”
- Dr. Bob Sanborn – “Growing Up in America”
- Nancy McAfee “Blues on the Move” and “Roots Radio”
- Nuri Nuri “Blues Brunch”
- Ernesto Aguilar – former KPFT Program Director
- Alberto Luera – The Worker Center
- Rosalia Guerrero – 3rd Ward activist, Health Care for All Texas