Here’s the latest update from Pacifica’s National Election Supervisor, sent to the Pacifica National Board, and all General Managers on Feb. 14, 2019.
|Subject:||*Key Election Rules, Ballot Request Procedures & Key Dates|
|Date:||Thu, 14 Feb 2019 11:47:49 -0800|
|From:||Renee A Penaloza <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
In this email you will find Key Election Rules, Ballot Request Procedures & Key Dates.
Please circulate to your supporters. Please emphasize that if they have submitted a Ballot Request form they will get a ballot. Do Not Resubmit. However, a few people I have noticed submitted a ballot request form without indicating that they request a paper ballot – only indicating that they have not received a ballot. When receiving the e-ballot they are angry and state they want a paper ballot. I have no way of knowing that they want a paper ballot if they do not select the paper ballot option. Please emphasize this.
Key Election Rules
1) No Listener Candidate may access the station’s resources outside of organized campaign activities.You
are prohibited to participate in fund-drive activities. You may only
access the station by invitation via the Election Supervisor. Do not
call in to the station seeking to get on air or to talk to fund drive
2) Staff members may not participate in the Listener election in anyway shape or formFor obvious reasons, staff members are prohibited in participating in the listener election outside of election activities supervised by the Election Supervisor.
Ballot Request ProceduresA simple email to the LES or NES is insufficient to maintain records of each request. If you are having trouble filling out the form then let me know.
1) All Ballot Requests must submit a BALLOT REQUEST FORM https://goo.gl/forms/BvfLLCrl4DnnB0pD3If you have already submitted the form – DO NOT resubmit. Please be patient and wait for your ballot.
2) If you have not submitted a ballot request form and want a paper ballot PLEASE NOTE PAPER BALLOTS WILL BE ISSUED ONLY THROUGH FEB 18th, 2019, after this only email ballots will be available.As long as you file your paper ballot request using the Ballot Request Form by Feb 18th (3PM EST), you will receive a paper ballot. If you have already submitted a request using the form DO NOT RESUBMIT. Please be patience and wait for your ballot.
3) Please search your email for email@example.com and add this email to your safe list.Key Dates
1) Paper ballot requests – file Ballot Request Form by 3 PM EST on Feb 18th, 2019. Do not resubmit. 2) March 5th, All Ballots must be received by 11:59 PM in order to be counted.
Renee A Penaloza2018 National Election SupervisorPacifica Foundationnes@pacifica.org
Can’t Decide who to vote for? Visit http://elections.pacifica.org for candidate statements, audio recordings and video debates.
Can’t find your ballot? Please search for firstname.lastname@example.org. Email reminders are sent with the ballot weekly on Wednesdays. Subject will start with “2018 Pacifica Station Elections”
For ALL Ballot RequestsCLICK HERE FOR THE BALLOT REQUEST FORM https://goo.gl/forms/BvfLLCrl4DnnB0pD3PLEASE NOTE PAPER BALLOTS WILL BE ISSUED ONLY THROUGH FEB 18th, 2019A simple email to the LES or NES is insufficient to maintain records of each request. If you are having trouble filling out the form then let me know.